What’s a cookie?
While you are browsing mangopay.com website, we collect some data, including your web browser preferences and settings, device you are using (computer, tablet, or mobile phone) and information about your previous interactions with mangopay.com content.
This browsing information is collected via so called « cookies » or « pixel tags ».
A cookie is usually a small piece of code that’s saved on your computer, in your web browser history, when you visit a site. It has a limited lifespan. Cookies can only retain text, which is always confidential and in most cases encrypted. Cookies remember your actions and preferences over time so that you can easily resume where you left off. They remember your registered login details and preferences with the purpose of delivering a personalised user experience.
What are the different types of cookies and what are they used for?
Here are the different types of cookies that mangopay.com and its partners are currently using:
- « Functional » cookies – they are aimed at improving your mangopay.com browsing experience by remembering your page settings (eg. your currency and language choices as well as your account log in details)
- « Analytical » cookies- they collect user’s information, such as content and pages visited, in order to understand their interests and improve the quality of service
- « Retargeting » cookies – they help create targeted off-site ads and customise the content that is displayed to the user
- « Social sharing » cookies – collect information when user shares/engages with the content on social media
All the above mentioned cookies are either directly implemented by mangopay.com or offered through 3rd parties (providers of audience measurement solutions, advertisers and social media networks).
Which cookies can be deposited by mangopay.com partners?
Our partners are able to directly deposit their own cookies. Mangopay.com has no control over the issuance and/or use of the third-party cookies; however Mangopay.com ensures that the partners respect the legal and regulatory provisions.
For your information, the issuance of these cookies and the collection of data does not allow our partners to identify you personally.
Information about 3rd party cookies used on mangopay.com
- Google analytics: audience analysis and marketing performance indicators. Maximum lifespan: 1-2years.
- Hotjar: behavioral analysis of the audience. Maximum lifespan: 1 year.
- Addthis: to allow users to share mangopay.com content on social media platforms.
How to disable cookies?
1) Through your web browser settings
You can refuse to have your cookies collected and saved by configuring your Internet browser settings.
In your browser settings you can choose which cookies should be saved or rejected on your device. You can choose to reject them systematically or from certain senders. You can also choose to be informed when a cookie is likely to be registered on your device, so you can manually accept or reject it.
If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use the services that require for you to be connected or logged in. You might also not have the possibility of personalising the service delivered to you by mangopay.com
2) Through the 3rd party cookie management platform
Through Your Online Choices site offered by European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA), an organism formed by digital advertising professionals. This trusted European platform provides you with the opportunity to accept or reject cookies used by mentioned companies.
Please note that this procedure will not prevent the ads to be displayed on the websites you visit. It will only block the technologies used to tailor advertisements to your interests.
Here is the link to the website:
3) Through the links provided by our partners